What will life be without a little romance and what would anime be without romance? I’ll be honest, usually, I like to watch action anime, but once in a while, I am in the mood for some good romance or love anime. In this post, I will list the top romance anime to watch in 2018 and let you know where you can watch them online.
Romance in anime (animes de romance) always been an important part. Even the bloodiest action series like “The seven deadly sins” has some romance in it. There are romantic comedy anime series, and there is action romance anime series but The romance is always heartbreaking. Are you ready for the best romantic anime recommendations (anime romance terbaik) for 2018?
Let’s start with our love anime list:
The best English dubbed romance anime
- Masamune-Kun no Revenge (Masamune-Kun’s Revenge): You will never guess it from its name but this actually is a romantic comedy. This show has all the materials for a great series. Masamune Makabe works hard to become attractive and take his revenge on Aki Adagaki, the girl that humiliated him when he was a chubby little boy. Masamune works hard to improve himself and in the process become somewhat egotistical and narcissistic. Obviously, as in all great romance, the hate slowly turns into love and the show becomes one of the great romantic anime. Watch it now on gogoanime
- Mahoutsukai no Yome: Romance, Supernatural, and fantasy what could be better? Chise Hatori is a 15 years old girl with no family, no home and no prospects. She decided to sell herself into slavery. She is bought by Elias Ainsworth—a magus to be his apprentice and eventually bride. As it turns out Chise is a Sleigh Beggy, a sorcerer doomed to die young. Elias Ainsworth wants to save he life and from there a real love emerges. Watch it now on otakustream
- Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (After the rain): Can love exist when there is a huge age gap? Akira Tachibana is a high school girl who works part-time in a restaurant. She falls in love with her manager Kondou, a divorced 45-year-old man with a young son. Will her love be strong enough? Watch it now on Gogoanime
- Dame x Prince Anime Caravan: Anime is full of Harem series where the mail protagonist finds himself surrounded by females. In this romance anime, the situation is quite the opposite. Ani is a princess that is sent to be in a peace ceremony. She finds herself surrounded by obstinate princes. Watch it now on Gogoanime
- My Love Story: You have a long wait until Takeo Goda and Rinko Yamato will fall in love and kiss but it is certainly worth the wait. Takeo Goda is not your typical romantic anime hero. He is weird, huge and strong. Actually, he looks like some gangsters bodyguard but has expected he has a compassionate heart. One day he saves Rinko Yamato, he immediately falls for her but because he thinks she only wants to be his friend it takes him along (very long) time to make his move. Watch it now on Dailymotion
- Clannad After Story: This one can be considered as a romantic comedy. Tomoya Okazaki comes from a family who experienced financial ruin. He meets Nagisa Furukawa, who wishes to open a drama club. Bit by bit Tomoya lets his sarcastic barriers down and starts letting his emotions toward Nagisa take control over his life. This romantic anime started as a visual novel and because of its success was adapted into an anime which become one of the top romantic anime. Watch it now on otakustream
- Maid-Sama: Meet the young feminist Misaki Ayuzawa. She goes to a school which was originally for boys only. She devotes herself to make the school more suitable for females. This, of course, makes some boys hate her. Although, being a feminist she has to work in a maid cafe. Made cafe are restaurants found in Japan where the waitresses dressed in maid costumes and act as servants. One of her school students finds out about it and start visiting the cafe regularly. He treats her bad but you can be sure that it is only a matter of time before the romance starts and makes this anime into one of the best school romance anime. Watch it now on otakustream
- Fruits Basket: This is another series of the “school romance anime“ genre. high school student Tohru Honda, become homeless once her mother dies in a car accident. Eventually, she finds a home with her classmate, Yuki Sohma, and his cousin Shigure. She discovers her new home has a dark secret: the family of Yuki has a curse, they are possessed by the spirits of the Chinese zodiac. How does romance fits in this fruit basket? well, you will have to watch the show and see how Tohru and Yuki develop feeling one toward the other. Watch it now on Gogoanime
- Tsuredure Children: Not so long ago, we have posted a post on Tsuredure Children. This school romance comedy anime is different from other series by the fact it follows multiple couples and love stories. Usually, we have one main love story in romantic series but on Tsuredure Children, we follow on each episode more than one love story.
- Kuzu no Honkai (Scum’s Wish): In this romantic anime series we follow a happy couple, which turns out to be not happy at all. Hanabi Yasuraoka and Mugi Awaya are a unique couple. They are not in love but instead share a pain, They are both in love with other people who don’t love them back. This series is different from all the cute cheesy romance anime. Kuzu no Honkai is a bold anime and it really makes you think about life and romance. Watch it now on Gogoanime
Romance is built into our lives in every area we encounter. We see romance in movies and we read about it in books. In every good action movie, there is always a bit of romance. In fact, it is the romance that drives the action. In this list, I brought you the best romantic anime. out there. It is my intention to make this list an ongoing list. If you know of a good romance anime fits this best romantic shows list please let me know in the comments.
disclaimer: OtakuDiary is not responsible for the sites streaming the anime. The links to the streaming sites were added as a benefit to our readers.