Like a real-time strategy (RTS)? like a roleplaying game (RPG)? Now you can have both in one package. The new SpellForce 3 game for pc has the best mixture of these two genres. In SpellForce 3 you become a part of a rich high fantasy world named Eo. Create your hero and enjoy more than 30 hours of campaign gameplay.
SpellForce 3 game storyline
“It is the year 518, before the Convocation. The rebellion of the four royal houses has been quashed, but the war has devastated the country.
And as if that wasn’t enough, the Queen was seriously injured and has been lying in a coma ever since, so now Lord Marshal is ruling with an iron fist in his attempt to restore stability to the country.
Although your father was one of the rebel mages, as a member of the royal army you have remained loyal to the Queen. Will you uphold your responsibilities toward Nortander?”
source: official website
SpellForce 3 gameplay
- 3 playable races/factions: Humans, Elves, Orcs.
- Each race’s army consists of 4 basic unit types (race specific but comparable): swordsmen, bowmen, spearmen, cavalry.
- Additional race-specific special units: e.g. human paladin, elven magician.
- And Titans of course.
- more emphasize on tactical battlefields and combined arms, need for tactical unit placement (e.g. you have to protect archers from being overthrown by cavalry; winning by sheer numbers shall no longer work)
- Ava will be more customizable (If also different races to choose from is still unknown)
- Heroes/companions similar to SF2, they also level up and develop; have specific background discover during a campaign (like in Dragon Storm).
- You will meet known characters from previous games.
- Rumors have it that you may even have a young, future Circle’s Magician as playable Hero/Companion!
SpellForce 3 game features
- RTS/RPG in one package:
- RTS: the RTS part focuses on macro-management (overall strategy, conquering of zones, managing large groups of units)
- RPG: the RPG puts emphasis on micromanaging the party of heroes (skills of ALL heroes of the party have assigned keyboard bindings) in battles
- Player creates his party of heroes and choose between many combinations of different skill builds
- Player Prepares his troops and fights battles. Moreover, players can utilize a wide array of strategic choices that would make even Sun Tzu proud
- a sophisticated story, eventually leading up to the events that cause the world-changing convocation ritual
- the player explores the world Eo and discovers intrigues, secrets.
- 30+ hours, even more, when you manage to discover all the things Grimlore put in the world
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes – Play cooperatively or in versus battles
SpellForce 3 game system requirements
OS: Windows 7, 8, Windows 10 (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 1024 MB Direct3D 11 capable video card (GeForce GTX 470 or Radeon HD 5850)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound card
SpellForce 3 game bottom line
This fantastic game gives a full value for your money. As an RPG gaming fan, I loved every minute of it. Once you get the hang of the controls and the different characters abilities you can sit back on your gaming chair and enjoy the game.