A brief about Online Games
Online games, for a layman, mean the games which can be played while being on the internet. Online games are available on PCs, gaming consoles and even on mobiles. These games facilitate playing while being partially or fully involved in its virtual environment. Online games are available in different formats like either simple or complex. Simple in text forms or complex with a virtual world and high-end graphics are present. These crazy games online can be played with either singular or online multiplayer groups.
Millennial belong to a super tech-savvy generation. Online games have become a favorite time-pass for Millenials. Earlier online games were considered only for males but consequently, tables have turned. Now, females are gaining domination in online games. The online games business is likely to grow exponentially in coming years.
Genres in Online Games
Gamers have different choices in playing games. So to cater to all types of gamers, these crazy games online are available in various genres. The genres present in online games are as follows.
- Action – A character of choice is used to fight enemies with super-quick reflexes. These are very fast-paced and involve intense action set in the virtual environment.
- Simulations – These are mostly used for training purpose for modern-day vehicles. The gamer controls a real vehicle and simulates its movement in the virtual world to learn the skills.
- Shooting – The gamer can be a stealth shooter or a first-person shooter. In stealth shooting, the gamer is a spy in a virtual war world. In the first-person shooter, the game is viewed through gamer’s eyes. Hence, both involve greater involvement in the virtual environment.
- Puzzle – These are brain games with zero action involving difficult puzzles of different levels. It is a challenging genre of game.
- Adventure – It is played by a single player who has to solve puzzles in an adventure world. The player has to complete the mission with his observing and brain skills.
- Strategy – These are usually set in reference to the real world. It can be played both single and multiplayer. The gamers have to stock up their inventories to face real-life situations in the game. All the players play simultaneously in these games by devising strategies to win the game.
- Sports – As the name suggests, these games are based on real-life sports activities.
- Role-playing – Here the gamer gets options to choose their action to alter the game’s storyline.
System requirement to play or download any online game
Anyone can play these games but certain basic system specifications are needed.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- CPU 2.2 GHz Dual Core
- RAM 2 GB
- HD space 7.5GB
- Graphics card
Before playing or downloading them, the gamer has to agree to the end-user license agreement. This is to safeguard the interests of the producer/distributor from being plagiarized.
Online games are susceptible to various player harassments and hackings. They have become a good platform for all these illegal activities. Hence, while playing these games you should be alert and not compromise your PC’s security.