Full Metal Panic! is a new anime series based on first 3 novels of Shoji Gatoh’s light novel series which are also called “Full Metal Panic!”. Shoji Gatoh, the light novel creator, will act as the project’s screenwriter and will also handle the composition. The series will be broadcast in spring 2018(April). The anime was known as Full Metal Panic! IV until the full name was revealed on January 19, 2017.
The news was also announced at the panel for the anime series’ 15th anniversary at Anime Expo where Shoji Gatoh was a surprise guest.
Full Metal Panic! – synopsis
“Equipped with cutting-edge weaponry and specialized troops, a private military organization named Mithril strives to extinguish the world’s terrorism and all threats to peace on earth. The organization is powered by the “Whispered,” individuals who possess an intuitive knowledge and the remarkable ability to create powerful devices and machinery.
Seventeen-year-old Sousuke Sagara, a sergeant working for Mithril, has been assigned to protect Kaname Chidori, a Whispered candidate. He is ordered to join her high school class and be as close to her as possible to prevent her from falling into enemy hands—that is, if he can safely blend in with their fellow classmates without revealing his true identity.
Sousuke, who was raised on a battlefield and has very little knowledge of an average high school student’s lifestyle, must adapt to a normal school life to safeguard Kaname. However, enemy forces have already begun making their move, and Sousuke is about to find out that the adversary coming for the Whisp” – source: https://myanimelist.net/anime/71/Full_Metal_Panic
Full Metal Panic! – production decisions
It was also declared that the first single game for this series will be on Sony PlayStation 4. “Mr. Arbalest Ver. IV” will be released from METAL BUILD!
In accordance with the latest set of animation, through supervision by mechanic design · Ebihikawa Kanetake!
“Full Metal Panic!” Director’s Cut Version The screening has been decided as a three-part work in theatrical version!
- Part 1 Boy Meets Girl from November 25
- Part 2 One Night Stand from January 13 next year
- Part 3 Into The Blue from January 20
Full Metal Panic! – staff
- Original Work: Full Metal Panic! by Shoji Gato, illustrated by Shikidouji
- Director: Katsuichi Nakayama
- Series Composition: Shoji Gato
- Screenwriter: Shoji Gato
- Character Design / Chief Animation Director: Osamu Horiuchi
- Sub-Character Designer: Aya Yamamoto
- Mechanical Director: Masanori Nishii
- Mechanical Design: kanetaka Ebikawa, Toshiaki Ihara
- Set Design: Takayuki Yanase
- Arms Design: Takeshi Yoshioka
- Prop Design: Takuya Matsumura
- Art Setting: Toshiki Amada
- Color Setting: Chiaki Kitabayashi
- Art Director: Ryouka Kinoshita
- CGI Director: Shosuke Uechi
- Director of Photography: Hiroshi Inoue
- Special Effects: shin Inoie
- Editing: Daisuke Hiraki
- Music: Toshihiko Sahashi
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Animation Production: Xebec
- Production: FMP!4
Full Metal Panic! – cast
- Shousuke Sagara: Tomokazu Seki as The main character of this story. It belongs to the mercenary group
- Kaname Chidori: Satsuki Yukino as The heroine of this story. High school girl
- Kyouko Tokiwa: Ikue Kimura as Kaname’s humble best friend who is usually seen carrying around her trusty camera
- Atsunobu Hayashimizu: Toshiyuki Morikawa as The mysterious president of the Jindai High’s Student Council
- Eri Kagurazawa: Rio Natsuki
- Teletha Testarossa: Yukana as Captain of the assault rifle submarine
- Kurz Weber: Shinichiro Miki as member of Mithril
- Melissa Mao: Michiko Neya as the SRT’s second-in-command
- Andrei Kalinin: Akio Ohtsuka as Sagara’s commanding officer and one of Tessa’s military strategists
- Richard Mardukas: Tomomichi Nishimura as the commander responsible for keeping the ship running smoothly
- Leonard Testarossa: Daisuke Namikawa as child prodigy
- Kurama: Kazuhiro Yamaji
The action novel series was previously adapted into TV anime three times, the first Full Metal Panic! (2002) by GONZO, the second Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (2003) and third Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (2005)by Kyoto Animation.